Tuesday 6 September 2011

Day 1 - Hendaye to Orolon St Marie

Distance travelled: 92.3 miles
Average speed: 16.1 mph
Max speed: 36.5 mph
Time in saddle: 5 hours 44 min.

Set off from the atlantic, might has well started in it, as it rained so bloody hard. With my new American beauty as my bike, and not used to here, she was having to be treated with kid gloves down the hills. At one point she did get a little fed up with me and tried her best to throw me off going down hill.
Rained for the best part of the day, with the tractor spotting banned from this years ride, I found it really hard not to take a photo of a Lambourgini tractor spotted on route.
Highlight of the day without doubt was seeing a European Vulcher flying along side the road with us for about 50 metres. Those things are big, real big.
Anyway, finished the day with plenty of food and wine, in prep for tomorrow.
Pic of bike i am on above.
Russ

No comments: